Tuesday, September 9, 2008

beard of destiny

i last shaved on august 10th. when i got back from new york, i could not for the life of me find my electric razor and so have just been letting my facial hair go.

i called it a "protest beard" for a while since my boss had her last day on the first friday i was back at work. but... i'm not really protesting anything.

over the past two weeks, i've started to notice that i'm getting more attention from guys. mostly bears. it's not exactly my scene, but i think the beard is magical and has transformed my appearance. if nothing else, i think i might look more gay. either way, i am giving the beard a try (and i started calling it the beard of destiny).

however, i'm at the awkward "i need to start shaving" phase and i'm terrified i'm going to fuck it up. i've been doing some online beard research - and there is a lot out there - and they recommend not touching your beard for 4-6 weeks at first so that you have something to work with. it's just been 4 weeks for me so i guess i have another week or two to go.

i might go to a barber for help on creating the neck shave line. i'm afraid i would either do it crooked, take too much off, or just generally make it look retarded and have to shave the whole thing off.

which i'll probably end up doing soon anyway, since my beard is a) patchy and b) multi-colored (brown, red, and, god help me, white).

beards.

No comments: