Wednesday, September 3, 2008

jobby

i need a new job. for many reasons, but right now, it's because i want to make more money. again, for many reasons, but i want to find a new place to live - my current apartment is too loud and too dark (like i can hear people shitting when i'm in my bed and i have to turn a light on pretty much all the time in my room).

when i did my first interview for this job, i was told the pay was 15 an hour, or more based on experience. two months later when i finally was offered the job, i was too excited to negotiate and so accepted that as my pay rate (the recruiter was pretty surprised, in retrospect). i realized my mistake pretty much immediately, but figured i could negotiate at the end of 3 months when my initial contract ran up.

the new offer at the end of 3 months? 17 an hour. boo. i went back and forth with hr, but there was really nothing to be done, and since we only get raises once a year, and they are percentage based, i'm totally fucked as long as i don't get a promotion. or a new job.

in related news, now that my supervisor is gone, i am going to the gym during the day. so far, i'm not sure i'm sold on it, but i'll keep trying. i am definitely liking not waking up so early in the morning.

this post was lame.

No comments: