Friday, September 5, 2008

my week in numbers

8 - episodes. i started watching battlestar season 3 and have burned through 8 already. i watched a really shitty episode last night, but i'm going to forge ahead and try and bang out a bunch more this weekend.
7 - days. one week ago was the last day at work for my awesome boss dina and my buddy brian. it is sad without them here. one week from today will be the one year anniversary of my departure from new york. so many feelings about that - maybe i'll save that for next week.
6 - pack. of pacifico. i bought two this week.
5 - miles. i got my ass to the gym 4 times this week and ran 5 miles each time. i'm feeling pretty smug right now.
4 - pounds. i seem to have gained 4 pounds. i was floating between 167 and 169 before i left for new york - now i'm floating between 171 and 173 (though this morning was even higher). the 2 pound variance seems to depend on how much beer i've drank that week and how big a shit i take in the morning. the 4 pounds is from not treating my body very well (ie not working out) and eating and drinking like i'm a fucking roman conquistador.
3 - beers. i drank 3 beers by myself on wednesday night after my aborted attempt to find a bar to watch the tennis match. not the highlight of the week.
2 - kitties! i'm housesitting this weekend and next for two ridiculously cute kittens at a fantastic apartment over in noe valley. i'm pretty pumped, and will definitely take pictures when i find my camera.
1 - cigarette. i smoked last night. i hit the cigs pretty hard when i was in new york (sara's fault) and had been good since i was back. but last night, sitting in delores park with anna, drinking beers, the time was right. we bummed two parliament lights from some dude whose girlfriend/wife kept screaming at their dog.

in other news, i have lost my electric razor and have a pretty scraggly pube-like beard thing going on. i can't decide if i should keep letting it go or if i need to do stuff to it. i'm definitely attracting a different type of attention - the other night a big old bear smiled and waved at me. i laughed - probably not the most polite response?

No comments: