Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So manly

i switched cubes today so that i could be closer to the remaining members of my team (and not have the cfo sitting right behind me). after our computer guy switched my computer and phone, i told him i'd handle the rest of the stuff and began moving my scripts, notebooks, papers, etc.

i have four dolls on my cube wall - qui gon, jar jar, leia (who can barely keep her top on), and mace windu. oh and a tiny bust of darth mall. i had them stacked on my chair, and as i went to grab them, i saw what looked like a small plastic spider on mace windu's face. "huh," i said to myself, "i've never noticed the plastic spider accessory for mace windu."

yeah, that's because it was a real spider. i went to grab the "plastic spider" to look at it, and it jumped onto my finger. i screamed. like a little girl (except a manly girl, because it was at least a deep throat scream and not a girly scream). i jumped up and down. i yelled for jenn to come save me.

i think i managed to scare the spider, because it ran up jar jar's sleeve and then another coworker came and took jar jar outside and set the spider free. jar jar binks to the rescue!

points in my favor:
i was really startled the spider turned out to be real.
it had a fat white butt and little creepy legs - gross.
it was a spider.

points against me:
it was a tiny spider.
i screamed.
i jumped up and down.
it was about 20 minutes before my heart rate came back to normal.

so yeah. there we go. spider wednesdays!

3 comments:

Carrie Vermazen said...

Poor Eoin! Well, I still like you. Plus I think the beard earned you a few man points so maybe you're just back to zero.

speedyneedlefreeman said...

dude- i would have done the same thing- but it would have taken my heart rate at least 30 mins to calm back down. at least you didnt jump on your chair like it was a mouse right? i dont trust spiders- who needs 8 legs to get around on? we only have two and do just fine.

j.sterling said...

lmfao- omg, when you screamed it was hysterical. best part? i just yelled "what is it? a spider?" and then didn't even move. some knight in shining armor i am.